Pennsylvania Anti-Bullying Coalition
The Philadelphia regional office formed the Coalition in July 2012. The Coalition was created in order to build support for House Bill 2464, legislation that will help prevent bullying and cyberbullying in PA schools. ADL believes that all students have the right to participate fully in the educational process, free from harassment and bullying. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 77% of students are bullied mentally, verbally, and physically. In Pennsylvania, the percentage is even higher than the national average.
To learn more, view the Coalition Advocacy Packet (PDF) which includes important information about the bill and the growing problem of bullying.
What YOU Can Do To Make a Difference:
1. Join the Coalition
Please follow the link to join the Coalition and become an official supporter of HB 2464.
You can also join the coalition by mailing in a hard copy of the form, which can be found in the advocacy packet.
2. Contact your Representative
- Spread the word to your legislators! You can do this by calling, emailing, or writing.
- We have provided a sample letter/e-mail and a sample phone script, both of which can be found in Appendix II of the packet. All contact, no matter how little, is beneficial to this cause.
- Find your Representative’s contact information:
3. Follow the Coalition on Facebook
4. Share the advocacy packet with organizations, family, and friends.