Glass Partners-In-Leadership Institute
Applications are due August 16, 2012
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is one of the nation's premier civil rights/human relations organizations. ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals, and protects civil rights for all. ADL's Glass Partners-In-Leadership Institute of the Mountain States Region is a leadership program created to involve people, ages 25-40ish, who are committed to ADL’s mission “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people …to secure justice and fair treatment to all.”
The Institute, which runs from September-June (with a potential Summer project), exposes Partners to educational programming about the substantive issues of ADL’s agenda and gives them the opportunity to become ADL leaders in the community. A highlight of the program is attendance at ADL’s National Leadership Conference in Washington, DC. Potential Partners are asked to submit a formal application and will be notified of acceptance decisions in August 2012. Through this competitive application process, ADL recruits and invests in a diverse group of young people who are committed to civil rights, religious freedom, and anti-bias education.
Note: Though ADL accepts nominations from community members for potential Partners, applicants need not be formally nominated to apply.
If accepted to program, Partners will be required to sign an Acknowledgment of Expectations, reflecting their commitment to attending:
· A welcome event in September
· Monthly meetings highlighting an ADL issue and/or program area: Partners are advised of all meeting dates in August 2012 if accepted into the program and are permitted to miss no more than one meeting.
· The Shana Amy Glass National Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C., which takes place in either April or May (participants pay their own travel costs and a registration fee)
Partners will also have the opportunity to participate in/attend:
· All ADL Board of Directors meetings (two at no cost)
· ADL’s Governor’s Holocaust Remembrance Program
· Meetings of ADL’s standing committees
· Society of Fellows Luncheon featuring ADL National Director Abe Foxman
· Civil Rights Awards Reception
While there is no charge for the Glass Partners-In-Leadership Institute, all Partners are asked to participate in ADL’s annual campaign by making a recommended minimum contribution of $250 per participant.
Please contact salexander@ADL.org or at 303-830-7177 ext. 217 with any questions.